Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Award Winners

Give it to my students.

As many of you know, I work in the Bronx NYC. I travel almost 56 miles each way to go to work. I get up at 3 am every morning and guess what, I love it. I wish for it to be different. I am thinking about relocating back to the City. But I love my work. I love the product and the process of my students’ ability to create. And it is not easy. The other day some of my students, actually 3 of them on a 5th grade class, when I gave them modeling clay decided that it was cool to make dildos. I freaked out and I broked, Yet I was disable to let them understand the beauty of creating beyond TV pedagogy, rap and pop culture. I have a 5th grader that scream sex for attention and I am weary that she can not see the fact that the odds are against her, and will be against her for years to come. Yet when I get to reach those that listen, I am surprised, cause they surpass my expectations. I have award winners, sensitive creative and beautifully crafted human entities that got the message. So here are some of the product. I am proud.



Third grader award winner



Fourth grader award winner



Fifth grader award winner

13 comments:

  1. That's nice to see. Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are fortunate to teach such a great age level.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some talented youngsters you have on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what is truly amazing is that I know those students are getting a true art education. They are being taught not only how to create art, but how to look at it and react. marcos goes beyond the trace your hand and make a turkey art class. They are very lucky to have him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Todd, Kitty, Bucko, and Wonder Man, i love my job it gives me a purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are wonderful! You've brought out their creativity and much more. They are fortunate that you are their teacher. Loving what you do is so important, too.

    That is a long commute to make daily. Would it work out for you and Allan to move? How far does he drive to his work?

    ReplyDelete