Monday, November 2, 2009

I am having a hard time blogging


As you already know I am having a hard time blogging. I have a full time job a part time job plus I go to the gym everyday for at least 3 to 4 hours. My day starts at 3am and ends at 11pm sometimes. I am not complaining it is just what it is. I am lucky and grateful that I have a job and a part time job, which allows me a membership to the gym.

One of my responsibilities as the School Arts Liaison is that I am in charge of the stage design for our school plays. And I like to go all out for my students. I build props and scenery and backdrops for the shows plus I get to mount it. For this last show the play was Bullies Anonymous so I had to build a “Bullyometer “ and it was fun. The kids loved it, a second grader came up to me and said. “Mr. Colon I love your work. And it is true we need to take care of this bully problem we have in our school.” The sad part about it, is that he is one of the bullies that we are so concerned with, only he is on denial. I love my school and my children, as an artist it is a great place to work and to be creative.

Which brings me to my next topic I haven’t being able to blog, as much as I want to. However the other night, It was late at nite and I was not able to sleep, so I stopped by Joy’s Babble on and she had this wonderful entry about a red wagon trivia. It was so nice to hear her story and to share mine with her. The experience was a million dollars worth .

Any suggestions anyone for my predicament.

9 comments:

  1. Maybe make a point to visit one blog, rather than a lot, and switch it up, visiting a different blog.
    As for what to blog, write whatever it is you feel.
    That always makes the most interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Bob, also you can pre post the night before. That's what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great opportunity to take this bully under your wing and show him how to be more civil.

    As far as blogging, I post multiple entries in advance, because there just are not enough hours in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't have to blog everyday and I agree that you should blog about things you feel are really worth talking about. That could be once a week as far as I'm concerned. I put something up everyday because I'm usually near a computer, though things have slowed down since my coursework and internship are taking up time until December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome image. Papito, keep it simple when it needs to be simple. A short post can be just as interesting as a long post. Sometimes just writing about what first comes to mind, get the gears going.

    And, the other bloggers gave you some sound advice. Use it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Marcos, I agree with Bob and V, limit the number you visit and mix it up each week. As far as posting goes just go with your heart and post a little bit here and there. This is supposed to be fun don't let it weigh you down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are worth waiting for! Good advice from the others. What you wrote about the wagon made me want to hug you. I felt so sad for your little toddler self.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let us know more about the little bully as time goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been struggling with it all lately, too, Marcos, and I'm not even working. I've had to cut back on the reading I do, and I'm not commenting as much. I just can't keep up, and I'm realizing that now, and know that I can't feel guilty about it. Not everyone writes every day; no need to feel guilty about that, either. I've even skipped a few days recently! I know you'll find the balance. Hugs, Beth

    ReplyDelete