Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Looking for my Gym Bag



Lately, I started back to work and I am working on an after school program. But I tell you not, most of my time afterwards besides traveling is spent at the gym. On Saturday alone I put 4 hours of work out. I am really enjoying the experience. I used to be real big and I have lost twice my size, so going to the gym is a treat for me, cause there was a time I could not even move. One of the most amazing things about the experience is that I am getting to know my body in ways I never new it was possible. It is also helping me a lot with my incredible back pain.

I give you an example, because of having had so much weight for so many years I have real strong legs, I have wrestler’s calves. My legs are awesome. So I do not exercise them, like if I have worked my legs in this last year 3 times that has been it. Most of my work out routine goes to my abdominals, I want my bear belly hard as a rock, and its getting there. Well anyway, on Sunday I was having a real hard time working out, like my mind was mostly on the fact that it was 1pm and I had not even started the weekly review post.

So any how, I remember one thing that my 21 year old physical trainer mentioned to me, which was that your muscular body is all interconnected. I heard what he said, but it did not comprehend what he meant. So out of the blue, since I was having a hard time with my arms, I decided to work on my legs to keep the focus away from feeling defeated. So as I am working my legs I noticed that my spinal cord was expanding. In response to the experience, I decided to take the training to a maximum level. And I put 360 lbs of weight on one of the presses, and when I lifted them I felt this electricity running through my body that it was unbelievable. When I got up from the press, as I was standing the lower back were I have always felt the worst horrible pain imaginable, moved, it expanded. I felt it when it grew. It was amazing I never new that my leg muscles had anything to do with my lower back expansion. The feeling was so incredible that it was sort of spiritual. I felt so connected to a higher purpose at that moment. This my be kind of shallow of me, but I am learning to appreciate my life in ways that I have never done before. You can call me naïve, but trust me when I say, on those few moments of victory I feel wholesome. And this has nothing to do with the 360lbs, this has to do with the fact that I am trusting my self to take chances, and in the process small revelations emerge. So I continued working my legs, and I heard another spinal segment move right around the lumbar curvature. It was a pretty emotional joyful moment. Once I was done with my legs I went back to my arms and the experience was more pleasant.

Yesterday I got home around 6 o’clock after being up since 5am. So I decided to head to the gym. I knew that I was feeling out of it, but I was avoiding the couch; I do not want to keep having a long term relationship with it. When I got to the gym I changed my clothes and placed all my belongings on the locker. Around 8:30 after working on my upper back and my abs I decided that it was time to head home. So I went to my locker and first I could not find were my locker was for some reason where I thought that I have left my stuff it was not there, so I finally find it and when I opened it, everything was gone. My gym bag, my boots, my pants, my wallet, my $500.00 glasses, my undies, my keys, everything. I had to do a police report. So when I got home, I mentioned to hubby and he got real angry. I think he felt the way that I was supposed to feel. So he was reacting in my favor of course. But I don’t think that I was that angry. Notice?, I have not even curse. The reason for this is that I am having such a great experience in my gym that I refuse to let this experience tarnish my accomplishments. In three weeks I have lost 10 lbs. But most of the gain that I’m encountering is in terms of muscle mass. My muscles are looking nice. I have a long way to go, but my ideal is to enroll on a kick boxing class by next summer. I want to get physically violent with someone I do not know. I know I am going to get some kicks on my rips and possibly my face, but I hope to come back strong. Woooofff. I am all for it.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Update on my way to the Motor Vehicle Department I stopped by the gym, cause I refused to believe that someone had walk out of that building which is vast ,with my belongings. I knew that they have stole my wallet, and my money but my boots and my lumber jacket? I am not that trendy. Well my glasses maybe. So I went back and did another run through the place and I found my stuff my wallet had money missing but my glasses were there alone with my jacket my pants. I am so happy. My personal trainer told me that things like that has happened at the gym. I am happy. Thank you all again.

8 comments:

  1. Marcos, the painting is Wrestlers, by Eakins right?

    This one was always a favorite of mine. His portraiture was amazing. He was so good at bringing forward the real(true) elements of the human form and face. It is so sad that he was not recognized for his vision when he was alive.

    I can't believe someone stole your possessions. That sucks! Are they(the police) going to seriously investigate or was filling out the report a formality? Are there cameras covering the entrance/exit?

    Glad to hear the the work out, is working out all the kinks in your musculature. It really it all connected. I know what you mean about the energy(in your muscles) you feel when you work out. My work outs really get me focused and make me feel alive in a way only painting, writing, and sex can. I think the act of creating new things is a high that can't be beat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your stuff going missing but it sounds like you are having a great time so it's good to think of it as just "stuff"...granted $500 glasses is more than "stuff" LOL. My one yoga teacher back in the day also taught a kick boxing class and I was tempted to join but decided not to at the last minute. I'll stick with my samurai sword slices via the bokken for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about the stuff, but I glad you are feeling the workout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing better than feeling the burn and the total muscle fatigue. I worked chest and arms today, and could hardly carry my tablet computer afterwards (triceps were very fatigued). Sorry about your stuff, especially the glasses, it sucks when things are a blur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad it turned out your stuff was in the locker, sans cash. And I'm really happy to hear about the improvement to the pain in you back. Give us a pic of your big muscles next time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween to you Marcos. Trick or Treat?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your posts but, Stan I think of myself as a treat for some, I am a trick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really happy that you are discovering and appreciating your body now. I bet it must be a complete satisfaction to know you can do things now, that you thought were impossible before. I'm really happy and proud of you tio. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete