Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Is it just me or National Public Radio still kissing up to the Republicans?


Is NPR really a talk of the nation? I enjoy a good radio show. I commute for almost an hour an a half everyday, so I like NPR because it is intelligent radioing. Having said that. i used to Notice their skew affiliation in favor of the conservative agenda. And a year ago I was thinking well if I were them I will probably watch what I said carefully so that my funds will keep coming. So when the new administration happened, I thought, this is cool; I will now get a more diversified pointsview in NPR. Yet I am still waiting. The other day I was listening how they were covering some of the key factors in the Health care debate. And again I felt as though nothing have changed from the last administration. I feel as though they are hyper critical of Obama, a big contrast to how they used to react to the Bush Regime. What do you Think?

5 comments:

  1. Both Ken and I enjoy NPR, and even listen in the car when we're on vacation! To be honest, though, I think NPR skews a little more left. I've always thought that Diane Rehm was definitely left-leaning, and she was highly critical of the Bush administration. I feel that NPR is one of the more fair and balanced (unlike the network that dares to use that phrase) news outlets we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading a lot of complaints on political blogs lately about NPR's coverage of the health care debate. The general feeling is that they've been giving more airtime to conservative commentators and not aggressively questioning some of the assertions made by them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stan listens to NPR on his commute and I used to listen to NPR all the time. I thought there was more of a lean to the left, overall. I think that Kitty makes a good point about there being more conservative coverage about health care. I've noticed that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that I do not overall perceive NPR as being conservative. I think they are about as balanced as it gets. On the flip side, the commentators have not changed with the election, so what ever biases they had before, are still there now. I do enjoy NPR, I have a 45 minute drive each way to work, and get much news :o)

    ReplyDelete