Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Lil’Mama hating on Leiomy From Vogue Evolution

In an Post at Pam’s House Blend, A Painful Moment Of Cultural Insensitivity Towards Trans People On MTV's America's Best Dance Crew by: Autumn Sandeen brings out the cultural insensibility of the Hostess Lil’Mama when judging Leiomy. Watch the video


And I agree with her. Starting with her criticism of Vogue Evolution, Lil'Mama have no grounds to come out like that. To me she sounded, like she wanted to snatch the spot light back to herself. I even think that she was jealous of Leiomy, because, for Leiomy, to be able to step over her team mates, in high heels mind you, and not to cause serious damage, flip on mid-air and them land with a twist and smile, only some one who knows danger close are personal can dare to do that. It will be interesting to see Lil’Mama performance career to see if she can pull something like that herself. That performance was off the hook. To be able to transform a ballywood choreography, and bring contemporary vogueing to the mixed, the pressure along would had driven me crazy to the point of breaking out, and yet Leiomy came out, she played hard and she rocked it.

But Lil’ Mama hating did not ended there, it went on to sensationalized a life experience that Lil’ Mama knows nothing about. Her statements

1)“Leiomy, your behavior. Come on. It's unacceptable. I just feel that you always have to remember your truth.” I did not see in any shape, way, or form Leiomy’s denial of her identity. You will asked someone to remember their truth self when that someone is in denial of self; And that is not Leiomy.

2)“ You were born a man, and you are becoming a woman. If you're going to become a woman, act like a lady.” Lil’Mama fixation with Leiomy process is more a reflection of her lack of tolerance for Leiomy’s process than it is Leiomy’s inability to act as a woman. How much Woman can you get than Leiomy? For a minute there this comment sounded more like my pussy is real and yours is not. Let me remind you about pussy.

3)“ Don't be a bird, like "oh my god, I'm not doing this.” Now Leiomy according to Lil’Mama went from being human to an animal. What the fuck is that suppose to mean, that we humans do not make mistakes, or change our minds, or act confuse at times?

4)“ You know what I'm saying, it gets too crazy, and it gets confusing. You're doing this for America. Even though you're the face for transgenders, you're the face for America right now with this group, and it's not about anybody else, it's about y'all. So do it for the team." Lil’Mama sounded more like careful you acting too much like yourself, will send TV audiences to a non-comfortable zone. Lil’Mama comments sounded to me like when my mother asked me not to act queer when coming out of the closet.

In all, Lil’Mama sounded more like she is the one with the tolerance problem. I wonder if she would have said the same thing to a ciswomen. You acted like a bird because you acted confused and did not wanted to play. I wonder if she would have reminded the ciswomen to act like a lady for hating the choreography? But then again, it is possible cause Lil’Mama comments were dimwitted at worst.

.

1 comment:

  1. People have been pissed about Lil Mama's comments for a couple of days. Thanks for posting the comments because I haven't had a chance to hear them but I did read things that people had to say about them.

    ReplyDelete